The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Where did SPRING go?!

Last time I checked, I was in the middle of spring-break.
Confirming...   Yep, I did NOT go to work today.


So now I beg the question...where in the world is the SPRING part of this break??!!?

Not only have I felt like Dorothy must've misplaced her Kansas and swapped it for my Oregon, but I have tulips outside that are literally dying to see some more sunshine so they can finish 'popping!'

(Strongest one out there, all around it are just sad little buds~I'm actually surprised tonight's winds didn't rip it's pretty 'dress' off, ha!)


Gray said to me today, 'Mama, it's like a tormato (translation: tornado) outside, today!'
He isn't kidding me...I watched a garbage-can go rolling down the street as I was dry-mopping the living room floor and had that moment of 'OH BOY, I hope that wasn't ours!'

*I checked, it wasn't.*
But still.
A garbage-can?!!?! Yikes.

My neighbor and bf, Kristy, said taking her trash out was like a trip to the salon gone wrong, ha!
I believe it.

So seriously...
Where did our spring go?!? I can handle winter *if I reeeeally have to* for the months it belongs in our forecast. I can handle rain periodically *while I have 'chosen' to live in Oregon, until we get our real wits about us and move some place sunny!*...

BUT

...rain, wind, hail, snow, sun, wind, hail with sun, snow with wind, sun with rain?!?!?!

COME ON!!!!!!!!

One of my husband's patient's who's a climatologist was recently telling him of a 20+ yr 'trend' that our state apparently entered in 2008. The trend, in leman's terms, cools our weather more and more every year, pushing summer further and further back until eventually decreasing our number of summer months.

REALLY?

really.

I don't think I can handle any part of that thought. As if summer isn't already short enough, here~
That person had better be wrong...cause if not...


Pack our bags...
We're moving to Arizona, stat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits