The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Monday, September 12, 2011

First Post Ever...at a Late-Night Hour!

Yep.


Here I am, now at 1:50am----yes, it took me THAT long to figure out my design-details
for this page, yet I am still not happy with what it's doing to text/picture size, etc. :P


Oh. Well.


Since I said 'Nighty-Night' on my facebook page, nearly an hour ago, and that I was headed to 
bed (and here I still am), I thought, what more appropriate 'subject area' than to hit on us mom's
and our midnight-hour tendencies.


I often think back on how late I used to stay up as a teenager and the little to no affect 
it had on me. Now, being nearly 32 and a top-speed-ahead mother of two, I've come full circle. 


When Aaron and I first married and I was working to support us, 11pm felt like 2 or 3 am...
hence, 10pm was about my going average for operation hit-head-to-pillow.
Then, Grayson came along, and though he we 'trained' him to be a good sleeper, he was a
new addition of time (well spent), but SPENT, nonetheless. 
Fast-forward 2 1/2 years and Lincoln enters our lives bringing with him the feeling of having 
not one more but FOUR more kids around.
Needless to say, here I am, burning the midnight-oils in order to capture a smidgen of uninterrupted 
'ponder-time' and using a portion of it to enter this first blog.


All you mother's out there know what I'm talking about. 


Their in bed. 
Quick, get my shower so I don't scare my husband away the next time the option of physical-affection
comes into play!
Quick, research that important *insert important future-belonging here* so I know which one we should be
looking for!
Quick, sneak some of those Peanut Butter M&M's I successfully hid away from the hubs and kids. 
*No, Aaron, I don't do that. It's just an example. No, Really. It Is. *munch.....*crunch*
What was I saying, again?


Oh yeah. I suppose you could say the motherhood promenade means becoming a bit of an insomniac.
Not that you CAN'T sleep *though maybe some of you can't.* But that you 'can't' go just yet cause frankly,
some of the most productive couple-hour spurts I have are when all but yours truly are shut down and in bed.


What about you? Do you find yourself periodically staying up a couple hours past your brood to bake that 
banana-bread that you just couldn't get around to that afternoon cause Dr. Suess came a calling and that will
always be more important? 


Do Share!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits