The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Humbled to speechlessness...

Friends... family... friends of family... family of friends.. PEOPLE WE DON'T EVEN KNOW...!!

What to say.

Speechless.



Two days into the battle of a lifetime... a battle to keep living...
We are being offered food, housing, finances, flowers, babysitting, temporary job-replacement.

Seriously people?! You are like a tornado of SUPPORT!!!

I've said it before and will say it again... and again. And again.

WE. ARE. BLESSED.

Thank you to those of you who recently responded to my requests to see you.
Please don't take my saying that as an offense to anyone who is not ready or not comfortable...
I feel your prayers and delight in your spot in our army.
But for those of you who are, your physical touch... hugs, hand-holds, back-rubs...are seriously more therapeutic than you can imagine.
I am NOT sitting in a corner rocking myself, speaking gibberish.
Ok, ok... not now. ;)

No, but really. I love and WELCOME your visits. So COME... if you want. No other thing necessary. Just bring yourself... and your praying heart... and a good joke. ;)


On a heavier note:

DETAILS DETAILS, read all about 'em!!!

Here's what we know so far, cause I know you all are chewing off your toe nails--err finger-nails and nervously hovering over face book to know. ;)

So. The down-low on the boob-go.

Mom and I have been frantically (her more than I, surprise*) readying our house and property and whole 'former lifestyle' for go-time. Stocking for out-of-towners afterward, dusting, vacuuming (only took two days to finish that *wink, mom*), purging, re-stocking, organizing, packing,...
and today, we finally got 'the call.'
Official OFFICIAL dates/appointment details will be set by tomorrow at noon but what we do know is, as of Monday, we WILL BE IN PORTLAND, at OHSU... so P-town, here come the Ziebart's *again*
After amazing advice from one of the leading breast cancer researchers in the nation, OHSU seemed like the very best medical option for what we're dealing with. My case folder is being compiled daily and they will be handling more tests and scans between Monday and Wednesday.
The bad news and yet another reason to have a fair amount of hostility towards Roseburg Imaging is that when my first biopsy was done, they didn't take any lymphatic samples. SO. Another biopsy for me.
Super great.
The good news however... Thursday, after a week's worth of being poked, prodded and peeked at, the medical team that will be working together to perform my surgery will be meeting to come up with their surgical plan. From what I've been told at this point, I will be in surgery by next weekend.

Happy Birthday to me, ha!!! :-P
But hey... I suppose the best to look at it is... I'm getting the best birthday present EVER. Someone is working to save my life!!! How's that for the glass being half full. ;)

Specific prayer requests, since many of you keep asking...

Pray that all my full scans come back clean, minus what we know about. Pray the cancer hasn't spread to my bones or anywhere in my uterus, yet.

Thank you all...we love you beyond words~


2 comments:

  1. Do you guys have a place to stay when you are in Portland?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Hayley Anne, our ray of sunshine... mama

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits