The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Change to come...

So, I have spoken with a friend about some blog-page changes that will help 'reorganize' things a bit. I am hoping to make those happen and positively affect our space here by those within the week. I did change one tab at the top (The 'Courage Plan') since many of you have been wanting to know what treatments/surgeries are ahead--so for now, you can read that, there. :)

MEANTIME, here are some basic updates of things at the moment as well as things-to-soon-come.


As I shared in a previous entry, the recovery from my out-patient port surgery was a veeeery UNexpected, painful one. As Aaron has since read on different message-boards... some people have an easy time of it while others (especially smaller-boned, thinner people) have quite the time of it.
I was 'lucky' to be the latter of those. BOO!

Good news, however, I'm nearly 100% again. Walking, functioning, driving...back to being able to be my busy-bee self, for the moment. ;)

This past Thursday, mom and I made yet another trip up to P-town...this time a 'quickie' day-trip...for Chemo-class and wig-choosing. :)

Chemo class was very informative and helpful. Wig-shopping was downright FUN!
Yes, I chose one. A RED one. FIRE. RED.  ...and yes, I will post a pic soon. ;)

This coming week, as far as I know right now, we have ONE WEEK OFF from having to burn more gas on I-5!!!
Yes! No roun-de-vu at OHSU. *Just for this week.

So, what do I plan to do?!!
Ha. Those of you who know me well know the bigger question is...what do I plan NOT to do!!!

I plan to take my son to and from school and karate. I plan to teach my other son his homeschool curriculum all week. I plan to have one or two play-dates with friends and their kiddos. I plan to do my own laundry! I plan to clean my own house! I plan to work in my yard a bit, weather and health permitting. I plan to cook my family dinners and maybe even freeze a few of my own for later.
I plan to make and lay some plans for my successful hike of 'chemo trail.'
(Yes, I am calling the parts of this journey 'trails'--remember, I'm envisioning Mt. Everest.)

After this week and whatever successes I am able to squeeze into it, I will begin chemo.
Every Monday for the next 20 weeks (or more), we will travel up to Portland for around 5 hours worth of treatments and then, health and other mandatory appointments permitting, head home that same evening. I will be making up a list of stay-options to keep in my docs-box that always travels with us and, though we are still (and always will be) taking this moment-by-moment, am hopeful to figure each week's other details out as time goes on.

Many of you have offered help and asked just how you can help... errands, meals, boys-care, etc. and I can PROMISE you this........ I WILL be taking people up on some of these things.
One of the categories I'm hopeful to design for this blog is an interactive 'sign-up' list to help us cover these very weekly duties, as I find the need. Certainly anticipate more talk of this as we get further in. :)

As far as other things, we are doing well.
Still COMPLETELY HUMBLED by the show of love and support within our family and friends circle and even, as we are more recently seeing, within our Roseburg-community with people we don't even personally know, yet--but certainly hope to when life slows down!! Upcoming fundraisers being organized on our behalf and accounts being set up to help us face some of the medical-bills already rolling in?!!?!
Humbling. Just humbling.

We love and appreciate you all so much. Continue praying--we continue to pray for a miraculous healing... but above all us, we continue to pray that God be revealed to MANY through this, just as He's meant to be in all times of trial as well as thanksgiving~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits