The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Random Inspirations...

My apologies to have 'abandoned' the blog this past few days. 
I suppose I'll let it speak to life...and just how blessed I've been to be LIVING IT this past week. ;) Look forward to a second blog tomorrow... a real one. 
But for now, here are just a few of the many inspirations I find myself reading and revisiting... beyond my bible... from week to week. ;) Enjoy!


Men spend their lives in anticipations,in determining to be vastly happy at some period when they have time. But the present time has one advantage over every otherit is our own. Past opportunities are gone, future have not come. We may lay in a stock of pleasures, as we would lay in a stock of wine; but if we defer the tasting of them too long, we shall find that both are soured by age.
~Charles Caleb Colton



Everything that happens to us leaves some trace behind; everything contributes imperceptibly to make us what we are.
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe



As I grow to understand life less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.

~Jules Renard



One life - a little gleam of time between two eternities.
~Thomas Carlyle



The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live.
~Elbert Hubbard



Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
~Samuel Smiles



Believe with all of you are that you will do what you were made to do.
~Orison Swett Marden



If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
~St. Clement of Alexandra



When the best things are not possible, the best may be made of those that are. ~Richard Hooker


and this last one, being how I've replace 'courage' with Christ*
...is personal my favorite~


The man of wisdom is never of two minds;
the man of benevolence never worries;
the man of courage need never be afraid.
~Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits