The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Dishing it up~

Well, while I DO have a whole post typed and saved... TOTALLY separate of this one (the promised continuation of My Boys)
it will have to stay saved on my desktop for now because there is something weighing very heavy on my heart that takes precedence.


Tonight, I, obviously, cannot sleep.

After spending an incredibly LOVELY, quite good-feeling day around my two precious little men, some dear former students, and finally some dear old friends...a day that felt nearly 'cancer-free' in fact...I met up with my dad tonight to hear some jolting news.

I don't really even know the people. In fact, the only thing I know of the mom, Kris, is she was dear and darling enough to send my parents an ENTIRE BOX of stuff for their grandsons (my children)--toys, activities, etc--for the days that they would be spending with Monga and Nana so mommy can rest and recoup on her worst days after chemo-Mondays. Talk about dear!!!
My dad, "Monga,"went to school with her years ago, but that I know of, I've never met her.

Anyway, apparently dad spoke with her just tonight and she had the horrific news that her daughter was just murdered and she was on her way this evening to pick up her body.



HOLD THE PHONES!!!
Are you kiiiiiiiidding me?!?!?!!?!?!?!!!!!!!

A girl, around MY AGE, lost her life by her husband's hand---who then turned around and took his own life, too. Obviously, an abusive situation.
BUT SERIOUSLY?!!
My HEART SANK... and frankly has not returned to my chest since my dad told me.

I don't even know whether or not Kris reads my blog, but I know that she was moved enough by my cancer news to go far above and beyond with her kind gesture and good wishes...and I feel, even having never met her, that I am to do the same.

So I am reaching out to all of YOU, who have already joined me in my own battle--
my PRAYER WARRIORS--
Join me now in lifting this family.

I apologize I don't even have the daughter's name----but it doesn't matter.
GOD KNOWS.
...and I want to know that as many of us as possible are praying for that precious mama's heart.
Pray for them with me, please!

My dad said when he briefly spoke with Kris tonight that her words were 'Cherish your daughter, Kyall...cherish all the moments you have left with her.'

Talk about a DISHING. UP. MORE. PERSPECTIVE.

NONE of us know, people. We don't know when our last moment is. Don't take any of them for granted!!! I know I keep saying this (I'm like a broken record by now), but I feel it's just screaming at me these days!! The moments are fleeting and we really don't know when the next IS our last.

All this 'month of Thankfulness' stuff...I love it and I hate it at the same time, honestly. I love it because I love seeing people be thankful. But I HATE it because I don't think thankfulness should be a 'theme' of a month.........it needs to be our every day, EVERY MOMENT, theme!

My prayer for us all, tonight, is that Kris's awful and sudden loss be a reminder of this. As you sleep, safe and sound, may you remember (or possibly LEARN) of the sacrifice that your Lord and Savior made for you to be here and Praise Him for the every breath you take.
And before you go to sleep---or start your day *tomorrow, lift Kris and her family up in prayer.
While I don't know her personally, I have a feeling she'd do the same for you~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits