The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Monday, November 26, 2012

Oh, Hair!

Well, first of all...
HAPPY BELATED THANKSGIVING to everyone!!!
I sincerely hope that you all found yourselves enveloped in good food, wonderful loved ones, rested time off and beautiful memories this week!

I certainly did.

For the first time in 10 1/2 years of marriage...
Thanksgiving was at OUR house! :) :) :)
What an absolute BLESSING it was to have all whom we hold dearest to gather and celebrate in life, with us, at our humble twinkly little abode.
Complete with fabulously hideous Christmas sweaters and fantastically obnoxious wigs--we made some great, great memories of spills at the adult table (yes, not the kids table, ha!), coffee upsets, awesome picture-opportunities with ugly-sweater 'accessories' and good, old fashioned laughter.

Sorry, but there really is NO BETTER MEDICINE in life than laughter.
I'm convinced.

Early into this journey of mine, *ours*, the docs and nurses alike on my team advised me to laugh at least once a day. To be honest, once is a bare minimum, in my opinion. I have found, so far, that two or three good laughs a day are a necessity for me.
Sorry, but when a person's weekly life goes from filled with 'normal busy' to 'chemo busy', laughter becomes one's sanity.

This week, I'm finding myself in need of laughter even more than usual as the impended inevitable of 'operation lose hair' has FINALLY set in.
Yes indeed.
I simply HAD to laugh at myself after the night that I realized the hair on my head has been given it's eviction notice from my weekly medicines.

Picture this:
I finish my normal evening shower, grab what I KNOW to be a clean towel off the rung, start drying off with said-towel, look down to see a rather large amount of dark, short hair all over myself, think to myself *in a very air-heady manner* 'Who on earth dried a dark, long-haired dog off with my towel?', realizing 10-seconds later there is no dog of such description in our possession--yet still, grab a new towel from the cupboard thinking that will make a difference, only to have a complete repeat of the prior scenario.
Finally, brush all the hair off by hand, stand in front of my mirror, run my hands over my head (ending up with a handful of singular hairs between each finger) and let all sink in.
Of course, initially... the sad. It's really happening. I'm losing my hair. ...and I'm not old... and it's not gray.
It's just.
Truly.
FALLING OUT.

But, once past the emotions, I've had some good laughs over my silly-blonde response, haha!

Besides. It's. just. hair.
And now that I KNOW I'm losing it, my one prayer is this:
When this is over, I have received my 'free and clear' card and it all grows back in...
I WANT TO BE BLONDE AND CURLY-TOPPED! ;)

That's right, blonde.

Firstly, I think it would be fun to be the polar opposite of what I was for the first half of my life.
Secondly, I think as long as I'm going to continue to be so air-heady, it's only appropriate that I would take on the 'social image' of air-headed-ness... you know... be 'a blonde.' ;)

As far as the curliness... well... I've always wanted curly hair.
There's nothing else to it than that.

I suppose that leaves us all begging the other inevitable then--
when's the hair-shaving party?!! :-D
Well, since I probably won't be physically maintaining it for much beyond this week, if that...
I'm thinking THIS COMING Saturday, we'll do the honors. ;)
Anybody up for attending??!? Really. ALL ARE INVITED!

...and yes, this party will be complete with some good 'pre' full-shave 'looks' as well as TONS of bald-jokes and possibly a viewing of the movie/musical 'HAIR', lol...
Yes! Bring on the laughs!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits