The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Oh the tiiiimes, they are a chaaaaang-in'...

Firstly. I love that song.
Since I've been home a lot more, I've been following re-runs of The Wonder Years on Netflix
(yes, we have NO tv...haven't for almost 3 years now and never looked back.)
Side-note?
BEST. DECISION. EVER.
But, that song has played on a few great episodes now and so maybe that's why Dylan was so fresh in mind, tonight as a blog title.

Whatever the case, I know that I owe MANY of you a deep and sincere apology, tonight.
I know that I MAJORLY jumped the gun on said shaving-party and have already received quite the influx of messages about pulling one, for lack of a more accurate description, totally out of my boo-tay this fine Monday evening. :-P

HOWEVER! Before you want to riot in front of my house (since I did provide the address on the 30-min-warning facebook post, tonight, ha!) you have to know just how bad it was getting.

Imagine this:
Sitting, not even touching your head and not 5 minutes after the prior shirt brush-off, you look down at what looks like a cat *which you DON'T EVEN OWN* with long, dark fur has once again jumped back up and rubbed it's molting-self all over your top!

Seriously!?!? :-P
Don't even get me started on what it looked like after each purposed and much-procrastinated head itch had to finally happen. OY!

IT SIMPLY HAD TO GO.

So, in an attempt to gather even one other outside soul to come and share in some good, old-fashioned bald-jokes, have a good piƱa colada and just create some good ol' LAUGHS *remember my last post?!* ... we returned home from chemo day #5 this evening and not 30 min. later, were inviting whomever might be crazy enough to drop all and come over to participate. For the many of you who are bummed at me for such little notice (especially when I'd just said Saturday was the plan), I apologize... but as I lay my head on this Christmas-themed throw pillow that is magically maintaining it's crisp white background color, I'm only a little sorry. I'm sure you can understand. ;)

AND, since I can never get enough of good laughs and awesome company of friends, I'm still thinking we need a gathering---nonchalant, no silly cordialities or major 'plans' on Saturday here, at our place. Come on, who doesn't want to rub this head, now, eh?! (...and I gotta admit, a "Thumper" side of me creepily comes out when you do, ha!)
So yeah.
I hope to have that gathering, regardless. Same time... 7-ish? Same simple drink-making plan, kid movie-watching (since my kids can never get enough of others!) and maybe even meet some of you lovely people who I've, technically, become cyber-friends only with, thus far!?!

Aside from that long apology, let me just say, AGAIN, what an amazing man I married!!!
Directly after HE shaved MY head, I shaved his. <3
...and then, out of the total blue... my mama's, too!!!!!!!!!! She too just blows me away.
And yes, there were some sentimentalities wrapped into that part, for sure.

Oh goodness, what a day! What a glorious, glorious day. :)

Chemo with my love and even an awesome short visit with my c-sister, then crazy, unplanned head-liberating, then some fun, big family news (which you'll just have to wait on, sorry) at the end of it all! :) OH, and if that wasn't enough, after our evening bible-study on Heaven tonight, right before bed, my two sweet little boys and their two sweet little neighbor sisters all wanted to ask God into their hearts.
Talk about Perfection and blessings!!!

YEP. Life. IS. Good.

...and now, I think I'll take this new, bald head to meet it's lovely, soft bed pillow cause it's late...and technically, until tonight, they are strangers~ ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits