The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

HAIR. Part 2

Tonight, while getting ready for bed and applying my 'anti-troll cream' (as I like to call my Clindamycin after two big doses of Dexamethasone--aka steroids--on chemo day) I noticed that my hands had lots of little, what looked like, eyelashes on them. Timid to examine closer, I slowly leaned my face toward the bathroom mirror and confirmed that both my eyelashes AND my eyebrows are thinning, with many of them all contorted different directions, hanging on by weak pores.

BOO.

I suppose one positive way to look at it is that tweezers are no longer needed to 'tame' the strays, ha...
yeah...
I was pulling out strays with the mere grasp of my 'piano nails'; aka my boy-short clipped nails, with no problem cause those pores are now, apparently, going on strike. ;-P

I WILL be looking into some 'training videos' on YouTube just for those days that I would like to feel a little more human--no eyebrows is definitely, errrr, interesting--though, like everything, I'll probably just be embracing my alien-ish new look on most days.

The other, real positive is we are over halfway through this outlandish form of cancer-killing/body-poisoning, so BRAVO, pores, for last this long and holding tight to those little hairs! Apparently, even my pores are fighters, lol... I'm proud of them. ;)


Tomorrow however, for my sake, please do to things in temporary 'remembrance' of MY eyebrows and eyelashes...
Like... DON'T OVER PLUCK EM'! Yes. Be nice to your eyebrows.
And ENJOY your eyelashes, as they really do add a lot to your face, vain or not.

And in the meantime, REJOICE WITH ME that if my pores are now beginning to die, the cancer sure as heck can't be happy!!! :)

On that note, I'm off to let these eyelashes ''kiss" my pillow, while they still can, hehe~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits