The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Many of Love Day's To You~

There are many reasons why I choose to title 'today' what I do, each year, but I will just start by wishing everyone a happy many of 'Love Day's' and share with you my personal thoughts around this subject, especially as of late.

As I have attested for around the past 5 or so months now, a person really does not know the breadth--the very depth--of love that exists all around them until something in their life, like my current situation, sheds awareness to and touches so many.

From my very first day at OHSU---filled with scary and unfamiliar tests and appointments and surrounded by initial strangers there to poke and prod, I was given the opportunity to experience this kind of love. A situation that could have remained scary, became quite comforting and even silly in moments. Sure, we were working to 'keep it light' but what really floored me was how my medical team responded...with this young woman, obviously scared out of her wits and still in udder shock of it all...recognizing all these things, they all banned together and treated me with LOVE.

Throughout this journey thus far, it's been the same. Roseburg residents, reaching out as strangers, expressing their desires to become acquaintances once life 'slows' for me--people from all over whom I've never met, going out of their way, taking a personal interest in my life, my children, my career-aspirations---all the things that exist in my 'now normal' and my 'plans after this normal,' too.
NEVER ONCE has any of them laughed at my dreams 'A.C.' (after cancer), but in fact have encouraged me to grasp to them.

Don't think that this show of compassion and endearing love stops there.
Certainly my God and my own family are the epitome of love in my life...
but they are not what this blog is about.
My love for them comes easy, naturally. Their love for me, the same. It doesn't negate from the depth--in fact, I truly believe that it stresses into all kinds of new 'territories' of true love in which you endure each-other's pit-falls, insecurities, struggles, etc and uphold each other through each wane.

But I'm focusing on more 'distant' love right now.
What does it take, from us, to show love, true. affectionate. compassionate. love. to those that go beyond our most personal bounds?!
Jesus walked this earth loving those whom he'd never met---whether or not the love was ever returned---and in many cases, where what was returned was scoffing, hatred and horrific acts of anger and spite.
But He still Loved.

I've always had a hard time with holidays--our nation and world setting aside a day 'to be nice'... 'to focus on others.' Maybe it's partially due to my upbringing and how my parents viewed most of the big, commercialized holidays, but maybe it's also due in part to where I'm at in life, now. I don't like the selfish-spin that today sets us into--that we have to acknowledge our love for one another, today--cause God forbid we do the same every other day, not knowing if tomorrow will even come.

I'm not trying to be clique, so I apologize if it's coming off that way. I suppose the point I am desperate to make is this:

Today, when you name off whom you love, if you feel so driven, stretch beyond your family and friends. REACH OUT to someone who may not have someone--or if you're so inclined and comfortable--share the ultimate love that was shown them to even be standing in front of you---
God's Love!
And as you sign off, remind them, and yourself that the love and compassion that we should have for each other is anything but circumstantial or 'annual,' alone.

His isn't for you, so why should yours be for others~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits