The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Chicago, Take Two!

Hard to believe we're officially at 6 months from when we last visited my medical oncologist in Chicago--Dr. Citrin. I'd be lying if I said I'm not EAGER to be back in 'his hands' --as far as the medical side of things goes--and just back in the loving atmosphere of CTCA, in general.
I've compiled my new *and once again, long* list of questions and subject-areas to discuss in our time with him and above ALL ELSE, hopefully get the official NED status read to me. For those who don't know that term, it stands for No Evidence of Disease.
This trip, they will be running a few labs and tests as well as doing a PET scan and reviewing all my charts from last summer's radiation treatments.
Though part of me wishes we could just be DONE with cancer--call it 'beat' and move on with life--I am somewhat comforted by the idea of the ongoing care that I will be required to have for years to come--ongoing meds, future surgeries, every 3-month check-ups with some of my Eugene team, on top of the many future trips (every 6 months) that I will be seeing Dr. Citrin for all my final medical oncologist needs. We are blessed to be far enough away that my travel and expense to do so will always be covered by CTCA, though any 'companion' I have that may go with me is not. That is something we will take in stride, as it's only an answer we must come up with twice a year. For this time around, mom 'volunteered' herself, leaving she and I with the 'excuse' to enjoy a little mommy-daughter time away *not exactly your joy-trip to Hawaii*, but we won't be picky. ;) It also gives Monga and the boys a few 'guys-club-days' together and alleviates daddy to be a workaholic without the guilt and expense of his family. So it's really a win-win-win. Though, I could still do without all the poking and prodding ahead for me, tomorrow. But hey.. cancer is a major LOSE.. so we just have to keep uplifting the 'side-effects' that aren't, ha.

I promise to update what we find out--especially from the scan results after our busy day of appointments, tomorrow. Keep praying for complete and sustained health... after all, I'd like to stick around at least a while longer~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hayley! I left fb a few months ago but wanted to let you know that I am still praying for you. I do hope you and your precious mama can get out on the town while you are in Chicago. Such a fun city! Much love to you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits