The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NED

Amazing how three simple letters of the alphabet can cause an IMMEDIATE flow of emotions out of two people when spoken by two knowledged people walking through a door, referring to a scan.

N.E.D.
No evidence of disease. I even have the paperwork to stare at it. *And yes, you bet I'm feeling tempted to frame it.

The wash of this past year...the amount of challenge our lives have faced.
Change.
Lost Hopes.
Disappointments.
Fear.
Confusion.

Such a list. And yet, I feel I haven't even made a dent in it.

One thing I'll NEVER forget *and you reeeeally have to of met nurse Kathy to appreciate this quote fully* was her and Dr. Citrin walking in to blurt out the test results, saying, 'Well, that was THE most boring two sentences I've ever read in my life! *referring to the path report* haha.
Yes. She's right. It IS a boring pair of sentences...and these days, I WELCOME BORING!!!
Boring means I have zero sign of disease at this point. Boring means maybe, just maybe I can get a little break from all the poking and prodding in the near future when my Herceptin chemo ends next spring and we're literally only being forced to talk *in the past-tense!* about this horrid disease. Boring? WAHOO!!!

Today's news was not without it's harsh realities... those that now 'write' my future. Some of those I will be blogging about in the future. Cancer. Sucks. Always has, always will. It has most certainly left my skiing over wakes that I will spend my future adjusting to... even just truthfully realizing...
but in THIS moment I've been afforded, I celebrate a clean scan.

Praise. God.

Thank you for your ongoing prayers and support in this. What a journey~

1 comment:

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits