The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Monday, January 13, 2014

Booby-day MOVED UP!!! Eeeeeek!

So, here's the deal.
I've been HORRIBLE about the countdown as it is..and then yesterday, I get a message on my phone from the OHSU hospital coordinator that I need to call back and complete my pre-admissions info.
Since they are open 7 days a week at the hospital, I call back only to find out that my surgery... scheduled *or so we thought* for Wednesday the 15th was miscommunicated from coordinator to coordinator and long-story-short was issued for TUESDAY!!!!!!!!
Yes.
That means we have one less day to prepare, countdown.. you name it.

Had poor Aaron not of had to plan out his schedule in advance, it wouldn't of been as bad. But he was left calling patients to frantically try to reschedule everyone so that he can still be there on Tuesday morning for the surgery-time! Ha.

Lots-o-fun.

But as one of my dearest, newer friends... another wonderful 'booby buddy'... said to me tonight, 'Well, it just means you get those beautiful, new boobies one day sooner and you get to put this ALL behind you, one day sooner than you thought!'

TRUE THAT! :)

So before I babble on anymore and forget to enter the second to last countdown-entry, here it is:


6, 5, 4, 3, 2...

6:
Also the same day in October on which I was born in 1979.

5:
Also the age my eldest was when I FIRST discovered a b-b sized lump and was brushed off... being told 'I'm too young', 'My boobs are too small', and 'It's nothing' after a mere ultrasound. :-L

4:
Also my 'magic number' for how many children Aaron and I WANTED to have together... before cancer ripped that possibility away from us. :(

3:
Also the number of chemo drugs pumped through my body during the initial stage of treatment. *Not including the 'management chemo' I receive now, post-cancer, every THREE weeks.

2:
Also the number of nights I stayed in the hospital after my bilateral mastectomy surgery in April of 2013--which was also, coincidentally, the first surgery I'd EVER undergone in my life.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to ROCK this surgery!!! So excited for you (as well as a little envious that you will have it done!!!!). Go, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you sweet Hayley. I'd ask to come visit you but I think your surgery is only a day surgery. Hugs from Beaverton!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits