The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dancing the evening away...

I think sometimes (especially this time of the year), it's easy for everyone to focus on the relationship between fathers & daughters and the emotional-fragility of that scenario...the family princesses and the daddy's who set the example for their future-knight's qualities.
However, in having only sons thus far, I am experiencing more and more, every day, that same impact that I have on my two sons and how important it is that I model what I want them to someday find in their wives.

A few nights ago, my sweet hubby was playing songs from our iPad through our living room speakers.
While on shuffle, the Bryan Adam's song 'Please Forgive Me' came on.
Leave it to my soft/sensitive guy to feel driven to dance with me. ;)
...and for the record, his draw to romance is one of the things I love best about him.

While we were dancing jr.-high-style (you know... hugging and swaying back and forth),
Lincy-bear who was sitting at the dining-table with his 'Bo-Bo' quickly became enamored by the sight of his mom & dad freely loving one-another and grabbing the moment to dance together.

As we turned in our teen-style circles, I snuck the occasional peek (as did hubby) at our littlest's twinkle-eyed, cheshire-cat-sized smile that seemed to keep growing with each turn.
He was utterly smitten. ;)

When the song came to an end, I couldn't help myself from running over, scooping him up and smothering him with love & kisses---realizing how quickly the day will come when he'll be doing that with some lucky little teenage girl at his middle-school dance.

As I was snuggling him tight, trying desperately not to focus my thoughts too intensely on that tear-inducing image, he exclaimed, out of nowhere, 'Dance wiff me, Mommy!'

Talk about tear-inducing!!!


Man, this kid knows the heart-strings and just which ones to pull!
Yep. I'm in T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

As I suspect any lucky woman will do at the foot of this guy's mercy the rest of his life,
I eagerly accepted.

Finding myself dancing same way as before but this time carrying my precious little dance-partner who's little arms hugged me tighter than any, and big, round head nestled perfectly on my shoulder, I found it absolutely impossible to control the waterworks!
Without even knowing it, Lincy had given ME that 'lucky little teenage girl's' persona...he gave her MY face and made ME his 'princess' and, in just that moment, became MY little knight in shining armor.

Now, believe me... I have a healthy thought-process with this.
I know I will not ALWAYS be 'his girl,' but I also know that being so right now will make it that much easier for me to give him away, someday, to the girl who deserves him as a husband. It will be ME passing the torch, after she passes the test, of course...
and for that position, I couldn't feel more blessed.

So to all you moms of precious little knights out there... remember your role, cherish your role and

DANCE

with your little sons while you still can. ;)

Happy Love-week to you all~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits