The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Friday, November 11, 2011

Babies Becoming Boys

Has it really been so long since my last post?
OY.

A lot has happened since I last signed on here...
the Ziebart family-trip to Arizona is officially a thing of
the past with only photos and memories left to show for it.
It felt like so much work to make it happen,
but was sooooo worth every minute of our trip! :)
Fall has set in and festive harvest-times are staring us in the
face, with trick-or-treating also a thing of the past.
Not sure if it's just me, but the days seem to keep fleeting by!

Although it feels I've had little to blog about lately because life has
been so busy and seemingly insignificant to 'talk' about, when I really stop
and think...there is one thing that has become remarkably evident in our home-life
and family-dynamic over the last couple months...our children are growing up, and
while doing so, are becoming FRIENDS.
Giggles at night, conversations in the car, jokes shared and simple 'tricks' played,
statements spoken...and then imitatively re-spoken, matching clothes REQUESTED,
as well as food, hair, toys, you name it. Arguments & actions of 'sticking up for one another' when
the other is in trouble even recent hugs and kisses given between them, out of nowhere!

Makes a mama's heart happy, that's for sure.
But I can't deny the bittersweet quality of what it all means.

My babies are quickly becoming BOYS.
Boys sharing a boy-hood bond.
Boys sharing sweet-secrets that I may never be let in on.
Boys sharing giggles whose linking inside-joke I may never hear.
Boys holding hands and giving kisses that I pray don't start 'limiting' what mommy receives.

The saying really is true...
when you have children, you are making the choice to let your heart
walk around outside of your chest.

I know I am secure enough in myself and my bond with my little men that they will always be
'mama's boys' to a healthy-extent, but I'm pretty sure I'm finally beginning to understand the crippling fears a parent feels when absolute and pure love runs so deep.

........

Thank God for the power of His prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits